1. IN whose steps should we follow?
“For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow His steps.” 1 Peter 2:21.
2. How should the Christian walk?
“He that saith he abideth in Him ought himself also so to walk, even as He walked.” 1 John 2:6. See Col. 2:6.
3. What mind should be in us?
“Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.” Phil. 2:5.
NOTE.-The mind of Christ was characterized by humility (verses 6-8); dependence upon God (John 5:19,30); a determination to do only the Father’s will (John 5:30; 6:38); thoughtfulness of others (Acts 10:38); and a willingness to sacrifice and suffer, and even to die, for the good of others (2 Cor. 8:9; Rom. 5:6-8; 1 Peter 2:24).
4. As a child, what example did Christ set in the matter of obeying His parents?
“And He went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them.” Luke 2:51.
5. How are His childhood and youth described?
“And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.” Verse 52.
6. What example did He set concerning baptism?
“Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. But John forbade Him, saying, I have need to be baptized of Thee, and comest Thou to me? And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered Him.” Matt. 3:13-15.
7. How did Christ teach the prayerful life?
“He went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.” Luke 6:12. “He took Peter and John and James, and went up into a mountain to pray.” Luke 9:28.
8. To what kind of work did Jesus devote His life?
“Who went about doing good.” Acts 10:38.
9. For whom and why did Christ leave the riches of heaven?
“For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that ye through His poverty might be rich.” 2 Cor. 8:9.
10. When reviled and mistreated, what did He do?
“Who when He was reviled, reviled not again; when He suffered, He threatened not; but committed Himself to Him that judgeth righteously.” 1 Peter 2:23.
11. How did He pray for those who crucified Him?
“Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.” Luke 23:34. See Acts 3:17.
12. What is the inspired testimony concerning Him?
“Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even Thy God, hath anointed Thee with the oil of gladness above Thy fellows.” Heb. 1:9.
Majestic sweetness, sits enthroned
Upon the Saviour’s brow;
His head with radiant light is crowned,
His lips with grace o’erflow.
No mortal can with Him compare,
Among the sons of men;
Fairer is He than all the fair
That fill the heavenly train.